Mar 5 2020
1 cup graham-cracker crumbs
1/2 cup California walnuts finely chopped
1/3 cup butter melted (cooled it to room temp)
1 3/4 cups sugar divided
24 oz cream cheese 3 8-oz pkgs
6 large eggs
2 cups sour cream
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp vanilla extract
- 21 ounce can cherry pie filling
- 1 tbsp grated lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In medium bowl with a fork, mix first three ingredients and 1/4 cup sugar. Press mixture firmly on bottom and around side of 9″ x 3″ springform pan to within 1 1/2″ of the top.
- In a large bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese until smooth; slowly beat in 1 1/2 cups sugar. With mixer at low speed, beat in eggs (one at a time) and remaining ingredients, except cherry topping. At medium speed, beat three minutes.
- I recommend a water bath to gently bake the cheesecake. Wrap the bottom of the springform pan with heavy duty foil.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the pan. Place cheesecake pan in the center of a roasting pan and gently add a couple inches of water. Carefully place the entire thing into the preheated over and bake 1 hour or until lightly browned.
- Turn off the oven and open the door partially. Leave the cheesecake in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, overnight is better.
- To serve: remove side of pan. With large spatula; loosen cake from pan bottom, slide onto plate.
- Mix together all topping ingredients. Spoon cherry topping evenly over cheesecake.
1,318 total views, 6 views today